Friday, November 13, 2009
Fact Sheet - Downtown Burj Dubai
Fact Sheet - Downtown Burj Dubai
Billed as the world’s most prestigious square kilometer and described as the ‘new heart of the city,’ Downtown Burj Dubai is Emaar’s AED 73 billion (US$20 billion) flagship project. It is a mixed-use 500-acre development that combines commercial, residential, hotel, entertainment, shopping and leisure outlets in open green spaces dotted with lakes and other distinct water features. Located at its centre is Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest tower, which offers premium residential, commercial and retail space.
Downtown Burj Dubai adds to Dubai a vibrant retail and leisure component through The Dubai Mall, the world’s largest shopping and entertainment destination. In addition, and as a testament to traditional Arabian markets, is Souk Al Bahar, a modern shopping mall which draws inspiration from Arabesque architectural elements.
A major attraction of the development is The Dubai Fountain, a captivating musical water spectacle and the world’s tallest performing fountain, that has added to the city’s tourist attractions. At over 900 ft (275 metres) in length, The Dubai Fountain in Burj Dubai Lake is the city’s complement to the world’s elegant water fountains, and shoots water jets as high as 500 ft (equivalent to a 50-storey building).
Addressing the demand for business properties, Downtown Burj Dubai offers an ideal business environment with easy access to the financial and business nerve-centres of the city. The commercial offerings in Downtown Burj Dubai include Emaar Square, The Offices, Boulevard Plaza, Burj Dubai corporate suites and The Old Town Island. All these buildings offer unique business environments, set in the world’s most prestigious square kilometre.
The rich and diverse residential component of Downtown Burj Dubai includes The Residences, a cluster of high-rises; South Ridge; and The Old Town, an Arabesque residential quarter - all of which have been handed over to customers. Most recently, Emaar handed over Burj Views, a residential complex, to customers.
Downtown Burj Dubai features elegant hospitality & leisure facilities including five hotels – The Address Downtown Burj Dubai; Al Manzil and Qamardeen at The Old Town; The Palace - The Old Town, and The Address Dubai Mall - all managed by Emaar Hospitality Group.
The Address Downtown Burj Dubai is the second tallest building in the mega-development and a vibrant addition to Dubai’s skyline. It is a 5-star premium hotel with serviced residences that opened in October 2008, and is operated by Emaar’s own hotel brand, The Address Hotels + Resorts. In addition, linked to The Dubai Mall is The Address Dubai Mall hotel and serviced residences which opened in September 2009.
The 3.5 km long Emaar Boulevard is a testament to downtown urban culture, and will be replete with cafes, high-end retail, hotels and pathways. Emaar Boulevard has already captivated visitors with the first-ever Burj Dubai Classic Car Show. In addition, it is the permanent venue for architectural masterpieces such as Al Sidra, a free-shaped bronze sculpture by Kuwaiti sculptor Mr Sami Mohamed Al Saleh and world-renowned figurative artist Mr Fernando Botero’s ‘Horse 2007,’ a bronze sculpture weighing 1,500 kg (1.5 tonnes).
Downtown Burj Dubai offers a lifestyle destination set in a distinct mix of traditional and modern architecture where people live, work and play.
• US$20 billion development
• World’s tallest building, Burj Dubai
• The world’s largest shopping and entertainment destination, The Dubai Mall
• 30,000 homes
• 3.77 million sq ft of gross leasable space within The Dubai Mall
• 73 metre wide and 3.5 km long Emaar Boulevard
• 14,000 car parking facility for The Dubai Mall
• 12 hectare Burj Dubai Lake
• 6 acres of parkland
• Spectacular 900 ft musical fountain, The Dubai Fountain, on Burj Dubai Lake
Downtown Burj Dubai Components
The world’s tallest building and free-standing structure, Burj Dubai is the centrepiece of Downtown Burj Dubai. It features residential and commercial space and includes the Armani Hotel Dubai and Armani Residences, corporate suites, recreational facilities and entertainment venues, apartments and an observatory, ‘At the Top’.
Burj Dubai will include:
• Armani Hotel Dubai and Armani Residences
• Exclusive Corporate Suite Offices
• Residential Suites
• Four Luxurious Pools
• A Cigar Club
• Public observatory on the 124th floor called ‘At the Top’
• Exclusive Resident’s Lounge
• 15,000 sq ft of fitness facilities
Armani Hotel Dubai and Armani Residences
• Located in Burj Dubai.
• The Armani Hotel Dubai includes 160 guest rooms and suites, several restaurants and a spa.
• Located on levels 9 to 16 of Burj Dubai is the Armani Residences with 144 luxury homes - all designed by Giorgio Armani.
• Armani Residences are highlighted by welcoming, harmonious spaces and sophisticated furnishings.
• The one- and two-bedroom luxury residential suites range in size from 99 sq m (1,068 sq ft) to 208 sq m (2,237 sq ft).
• Fully furnished with a specially designed line of products from the Armani/Casa home furnishings collection.
• Clean lines, practicality and elegance are the cornerstones of the Armani/Casa collection with the materials and finishes chosen to include stone, zebrawood, Venetian plaster, fabric and leather wall coverings.
• Residents at the Armani Residences can also enjoy the amenities offered by the Armani Hotel including concierge, 24-hour room service and housekeeping, access to facilities including a library, spa, gymnasium and swimming pool.
• Each floor of the Armani Residences has its own elevator access and front entrance lobby, assuring privacy and ease of access to residents.
• 13-floor commercial building located at the base of Burj Dubai.
• Offers direct access to Burj Dubai and The Dubai Mall.
• Outfitted with state-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure.
• 73 metre wide and 3.5 km long.
• Inspired by the great boulevards of the world.
• Provides a thoroughfare through the Downtown Burj Dubai community.
• A celebration of downtown culture with cafes, high-fashion shops, hotels and walkways
• Features Al Sidra, a free-shaped bronze sculpture by Kuwaiti sculptor Mr Sami Mohamed Al Saleh and the world-renowned figurative artist Mr Fernando Botero’s ‘Horse 2007,’ a bronze sculpture weighing 1,500 kg (1.5 tonnes)
The Dubai Mall
• The Dubai Mall is a 12 million sq ft shopper’s paradise with 5.9 million sq ft of total internal floor area and 3.77 million sq ft of gross leaseable space.
• It features more than 1,200 retail outlets, including two anchor department stores and over 160 food and beverage outlets.
• Innovative components at The Dubai Mall include a sprawling Gold Souq, The Waterfall, Fashion Avenue, The Grove, Dubai Ice Rink and Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo with over 33,000 aquatic animals.
• The Dubai Mall recently unveiled its dedicated entertainment precinct featuring the SEGA Republic – the largest of its kind indoor theme park in the region; Reel Cinemas – Dubai’s largest megaplex; and the soon to open KidZania®, a children’s edutainment centre.
• The mall’s retail spread covers high and mid-fashion wear, watches and accessories, gold and jewellery, beauty products, sports and fitness wear and equipment, health products, electronics goods, home furnishing and entertainment.
• The Address Dubai Mall, which opened in September 2009 offers five food and beverage outlets, banquet halls, business centre, meetings rooms, fitness facilities and landscaped swimming pool deck.
The Address Dubai Mall
• A 5-star premium hotel linked to the world’s largest shopping and entertainment destination, The Dubai Mall, owned and operated by Emaar Hospitality Group.
• 42 storeys comprising 244 rooms, including a Presidential Suite and 449 serviced residences. Many rooms open to views of Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest building.
• Spectacular 36 meter swimming pool and landscaped pool deck, offering a relaxing retreat from Dubai’s urban and eclectic lifestyle.
• A large ballroom that can accommodate up to 650 guests, and can be divided into three sections. The pre-function area accommodates up to 350 guests for cocktails and refreshment breaks.
• Six additional rooms of varying sizes for meetings and events, ranging in capacity from 15 to 40 persons.
• All meeting and event facilities feature state-of-the-art audiovisual, video conference and IT equipment.
The Address Downtown Burj Dubai
• A world-class, 5-star hotel owned and operated by Emaar Hospitality Group.
• The second tallest building in Downtown Burj Dubai, after Burj Dubai.
• A 63-storey property with a hotel and fully equipped serviced residences.
• Hotel offers 196 spacious luxury rooms including 25 Suites with spacious balconies.
• 626 serviced residences with spectacular views of Burj Dubai and The Old Town
• A perfect setting for VIPs, corporate guests and business associates.
• The hotel faces the iconic Burj Dubai and it is located next to The Dubai Mall. Dining at The Address is a celebration of the senses with seven exciting restaurants and lounges.
• Includes over 1,000 square metres of swimming pool space in five separate, tiered pools.
• The spa offers a broad range of treatments, with 11 separate treatment rooms.
• Meeting and event facilities can cater from 8 to 550 guests. The ballroom has impressive floor-to-ceiling windows facing Burj Dubai and is fitted with state-of-the-art equipment along with effective mood lighting.
The Old Town
• The Old Town development ranges from low-rise three-storey apartment buildings to exclusive mid-rise towers with penthouses.
• Architectural cues are taken from traditional Arab style; terraces, balconies, recesses and niches make for comfortable outdoor living.
• 1,560 residential units spread over six quarters – Yansoon, Zaafaran, Reehan, Zanzebeel, Kamoon and Miska.
• Amenities include children’s play areas, relaxation areas, pool facilities, gymnasium, games room, aerobics room, squash courts, entertainment lounge, coffee shops and steam rooms.
The Old Town has two hotels that are already operational: Al Manzil, and Qamardeen
Al Manzil and Qamardeen Hotels, The Old Town
• Four-star deluxe hotels.
• A perfect combination of hi-tech business and traditional Arab feel.
• Al Manzil is ideal for business travellers.
o Ground plus nine floors offering 197 rooms and located next to an Arab souk.
o Features include several restaurants including the Conservatory, an all-day dining restaurant; Mokaroma, a trendy international coffee shop; and Nezesaussi (short for New Zealand, South Africa and Australia), sports entertainment outlet and grill with television screens.
o Al Manzil has three meeting rooms to seat up to 130 people and a 10 seater boardroom.
• Qamardeen Hotel has a fashionable, hip alternative décor style.
o With ground and five floors, it has 186 rooms including suites, queen rooms, twin rooms and rooms for the physically challenged.
o Two licensed restaurants offering choice of international buffet or a la carte, one sports bar and grill, two coffee lounges.
o Qamardeen offers a choice of 10 and 8-seater boardrooms.
• Each hotel has a large swimming pool and modern fitness facilities.
• Both hotels have free WiFi access and offer complimentary Internet connectivity in all rooms.
• 24-hour business centres with complimentary Internet access.
The Old Town Island
• A low-rise development, The Old Town Island has four quarters – Al Bahar, Tajer, Attareen and The Palace - The Old Town.
• The Old Town Island offers, in all, 405 apartments, 161 hotel rooms, 83 suites, 2,100 parking bays, 15 restaurants and cafes, 89 shops, 130,000 sq ft of boutique spaces and four pools.
• Overall, the project will feature 1,250 sq m of water features, 18,600 sq m of landscaping and 83,000 sq m of parking.
• Individual low rise luxury apartments perfectly blend traditional Arab and modern luxury design. Fusion of stalls, boutiques, parlours and coffee houses to enjoy by day. Waterfront project characterized by market squares, meandering alleyways and inner courtyards.
• Souk Al Bahar is the retail and entertainment centre offering an array of leisure and shopping choices for residents.
The Palace - The Old Town
Located on The Old Town Island and managed by The Address Hotels + Resorts, Emaar Hospitality Group’s five star hotel brand.
• The Palace is directly connected with the Souk Al Bahar, faces Burj Dubai, the world's tallest tower, has sweeping views over The Dubai Fountain and is just a step away from The Dubai Mall.
• Comprises 242 well-appointed guestrooms and suites with interiors tailored with a captivating Middle Eastern theme, rich in colour and regional textures.
• Three international restaurants, a lobby lounge, a luxury spa, recreational facilities, large outdoor pool and a comprehensive business centre for business travellers.
• Emaar Square is the perfect choice for businesses in Dubai.
• Over 1 million sq ft of prime office space.
• State-of-the-art facilities.
• An additional 62,656 sq ft of retail, food courts, and business services.
• Ample secured parking, VIP drop-off area, express elevators, event lawns, electronic access cards for parking and tenant areas and 24-hour security.
Burj Dubai Lake
• Covers 30 acres and features The Dubai Fountain, a world-class water, light and music spectacle.
• Lined by Burj Dubai, The Old Town Island, The Dubai Mall as well as the Burj Park district.
The Dubai Fountain
• Located on the 30-acre Burj Dubai Lake, The Dubai Fountain is the world’s tallest performing fountain. Designed by California-based WET, the creators of the Fountains of Bellagio in Las Vegas, The Dubai Fountain is over 900 ft (275 metres) in length.
• The fountain has a unique design made up of five circles of varying sizes and two arcs.
• It features powerful water nozzles which will shoot water sprays to heights of over 500 ft (150 metres) – equivalent to that of a 50-storey building.
• Over 6,600 WET Superlights – the most advanced incandescent large fountain lights available today - and 25 colour projectors will create a visual spectrum of over 1,000 different water expressions that will appeal to visitors.
• Different combinations of water-forms of The Dubai Fountain perform to selected musical pieces – chosen from a range of classical to contemporary Arabic and world music