Monday, December 14, 2009
Dubai art-works by Ali Akbar Sahiwala
The following art-works depicting various buildings across Dubai are by Ali Akbar Sahiwala.
Having lived in Dubai prior to continuing with his post-secondary education in Toronto, Ali has always been interested in Art and Architecture. You can visit his blog at http://aliakbarsahiwala.blogspot.com/ to see higher-resolution pictures and more works by him. All the art-works presented below have been adapted from photographs of the existing places:
- Dubai Skyline, Watercolor, 2009: This rendering shows the Burj Dubai set in the backdrop against a flurry of new buildings dominating the skyline along the Sheikh Zayed Road.
- Bastakiya, Oil and Acrylic, 2007: Reminiscent of older times, this painting looks down a corridor in one of the preserved windtower houses of the heritage Bastakiya quarter in Dubai.
- Burj Al-Arab, Watercolor and Pen, 2006: This painting expresses the pride of Dubai's famous seven-star hotel, the Burj Al Arab.
- Jumeirah Mosque, Watercolor and Pen, 2005: Snugly set on the Jumeirah Beach Road, this painting portrays the beautiful Jumeirah Mosque.
- 'Our International Quilt' and Marina Close-ups, Acrylic, 2005: Part of the Emirates International School (Jumeirah) team in early 2005, Ali painted four parts of the horse sculpture titled 'Our International Quilt' including two views of the Dubai Marina which was later auctioned and displayed around the city.